"If you build the best site possible, your good rankings will follow. This isn't the answer that most webmasters want to hear. They want a few simple "tricks" that will rocket them to the top of the search results. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Even if that were possible, twenty sites all employing the same tricks couldn't all fit on the front page of Google.
"So what attributes does a page need to be considered "quality" by a search engine? The same things it would need to impress most of us, such as:
• The page is relevant to the terms being searched for
• The page is considered an authority about its topic
• The page has good, useful content
• The page has been around for a while
• The page is part of a site with lots of information
• The page loads quickly
• The page doesn't have a bunch of broken links
• The page isn't filled with a cheap list of keywords"